There are several ways to get questions and content into ALL In Learning, and we want it to be as easy for you as possible!
If you already have a copy of your test, you may be able to avoid re-creating it in ALL In Learning, while still using ALL In Learning to assess and grade!
Choose the easiest method based on the situation!
If using bubble sheets, and you already have a hard copy, word doc, pdf, or other form of the test, you don't need to do the extra of re-creating your test in ALL In Learning. Just create a quick assessment key to use with the materials you already have. We only need the key for you to scan bubble sheets, and you can attach the original PDF, Word, or other file (or simply email it out) so it can be opened or printed by anyone you share the key with. To see how easy it is to create a key, view this article.
If using clickers with pre-prepared questions you intend to display one at a time, you could author the questions in ALL in Learning using the steps at the bottom of this article, or if you already have your test in hard copy or another file format, you could display them in their native program on one part of your screen and use a quick assessment key for the clickers (or use clickers On the Fly) "in parallel" on another part of your screen. Note: While clickers are great for paperless testing with pre-prepared content, the most effective use of clickers is actually the frequent, engaging, mid-instruction On-the-Fly checks for understanding and demonstrations of learning, which don't necessarily require any prep! See this video for more on this easy, game-changing approach, which your students will love!
If using Engage & Learn, and you already have a hard copy, word doc, PDF, or other form of the test and you do not need the questions displayed on screen, you can use hard copies and use Engage & Learn as an "electronic bubble sheet" by selecting the "hard copy" option in the activation setting screen you'll see when activating the assessment.
If using bubble sheets and you do NOT already have a hard copy, word doc, PDF, or other form of the test,
-- OR --
If using Engage & Learn for 1-to-1 testing, and you want the questions to display on screen, you can
- select questions from ready-to-use Item Banks available to you within ALL In Learning,
- import PowerPoint files, import Word files, or Import ExamView files,
- or create your own custom ALL In Learning content following the steps below.
Steps to Create a Custom Lesson/Assessment within ALL In Learning:
- Go to the Lessons/Assessments tab, click "Create New," and choose "Custom Lesson/Assessment."
- Fill in the required information on the "Create New" screen and click "Next." This opens the content creator/editor.
- To insert questions, click the Insert menu, choose Question, and choose the type you want. Or from the "Assessment Key Summary," click the "Continue Adding Questions" button.
- A new slide thumbnail will be added on the left and the Edit Question window will be center screen, allowing you to enter the correct answer for the question and choose standards to attach.
- When finished, click "close" at the bottom of this window. This sets the underlying question structure for the key. If you will be printing or displaying the questions from ALL In Learning, now you can enter the displayed content on the slide that students should see.
- Click on the question slide thumbnail on the left to bring that slide into the main view, where you can add the text, colors, and graphics that you want using the familiar editing tools at the top of the screen and in the menus.
- When finished, click save, and then click "Back to My Lessons/Assessments"