ALL In Learning makes available to Texas schools Mock STAAR items and actual STAAR answer keys ready to be used with STAAR Release Tests downloaded from the TEA's website.
Using Mock STAAR Items
In your Item Bank feature, you should find mock STAAR items ready to use. See this article to learn how to search and use Item Banks. If you are a Texas school and do not see mock STAAR items please contact support so that we can make sure they are available.
Using STAAR Answer Keys with STAAR Release Tests
We have already loaded the STAAR Release Answer Keys into Item Banks for you. If you are in Texas and don't see these in your Item Bank lists, contact ALL In Learning tech support to request they be turned on for your campus.
These answer keys allow for easy creating and sharing of the STAAR Answer Keys among all the teachers at your campus or the teachers in your PLC. Follow the steps below for creating a STAAR answer key.
You'll first need to create a lesson to share by importing the STAAR released answer keys from the ALL In Learning Item Bank library.
1. Under the Lessons / Assessment tab, click Create New.
2. In the window that opens, click on Item Banks.
3. Name the assessment you are creating. Our recommendation is that you name it after the answer key you are importing. For example, "2015 5th Grade Reading STAAR Exam."
4. The slide editing program will open, with the Item Banks window opening in the middle. Either scroll through the bottom list to pick the STAAR Release test you need, or type staar into the Search bar.
5. Select the answer key you need by clicking on the link.
6. At the top of the interface that opens, click Select ALL, then, at the bottom click Import.
Be sure to wait for all the slides to import. This may take a minute, but don't hit import again or you will import the slides all again.
7. After the slides import (it could take a minute), click Close.
8. Scroll to the top to the AL box - the top, dark gray box on the left side of the interface - to review the Assessment Key summary which details the correct answers and the standards, which are already linked to the questions.
9. The assessment auto-saves, but it's always helpful to click the Save button before clicking to go back to your Lessons / Assessment tab.
These answer key align with the TEA STAAR Released tests which can be downloaded and printed from the TEA website.