Not all browsers are equal when it comes to sophisticated browser-based software like ALL In Learning. Some don't support the use of hardware like cameras or clickers and others are just too slow. We alert users when we detect these unsupported browsers, so they don't run into worse problems by proceeding.
See the list below for supported browsers for Windows and Mac.
Note: This list will change occasionally as browsers change or update their capabilities.
Note for Teachers in Duval County FL and Gwinnett County GA: You may need to ask your admin or IT staff for assistance to install a needed browser, due to special IT policies.
- Google Chrome - Chrome is possibly the most advanced, stable, and fastest browser available, and it has excellent support for external hardware used wth ALL In Learning, like cameras and Clickers.
Functional but NOT Recommended Browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 - While this browser is fully functional with ALL In Learning and we allow it to be used, we do not recommend it because it is a little slow and Microsoft has ended support for it, no longer releasing security updates for IE11.
- Mozilla Firefox - This is a recent change. As of March 7, 2017, the release of Firefox version 52 ended support of NPAPI plugins, meaning Firefox cannot be used to activate assessments, grade, or use clickers. Mozilla has stated they will be releasing a new way to do this in the future.
- Microsoft Edge - While Edge is the default browser for new Microsoft Windows operating systems and is promising, it has no support at this time for accessing hardware like cameras or clickers.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 (or older) - These browsers are just too outdated and slow now, have trouble displaying many modern websites, have many security weaknesses, and are no longer supported by Microsoft Corporation.
- Safari - Safari for Windows is no longer offered by Apple and the older versions are not supported by ALL In Learning.
- Opera - While it has a dedicated following, this browser does not currently work with cameras and clicker hardware and is not supported.
- Google Chrome - As of the mid-2016 release of the superior "Chrome Extension" technology, which makes previous NPAPI plugin technology for Mac obsolete, Chrome is the only browser ALL In Learning supports. Other popular browsers (including Firefox and Safari) have indicated that they will upgrade to a newer platform in the future and we're eagerly waiting!
additional keywords: fire fox ie 6 7 8 9 10 11 ie6 ie7 ie8 ie9 ie10 ie11 chromium mazilla fire fox apple macintosh web internet